Google always come up with new surprising apps and this time we have brought another app from Google which is Find My Device App. This App has been designed for android devices such as phone, tablet or watches. With Find My Device App you can easily locate, lock or erase the data on your device. Thus you can keep safe your data if your device is lost or stolen. Also note that if you found your device after erasing operation, you would need your Google Account Password to use it.
Find My Device App: Details
|App Name||Find My Device|
|Minimum Requirement||Android 4.0 and Up|
|Latest Version||V 2.1.005|
|Last Update||1st September 2017|
|Offered By||Google LLC|
Also Read: Download Google Go Apk To search fast
Requirements to use Find My Device App:
To use Find My Device your lost devices must:
- Be turned on.
- Be signed in into a Google Account
- Be connected the to internet whether with mobile data or WiFi.
- Have Location Turned on.
- Have Find My Device turned on.
How to use the Find My Device App:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for “Find My Device.”
- After installing the App, open the app and log in the device from Google account.
- Then a prompt message will appear, asking for the permission to allow the app to use location data. Click on “Accept” and continue.
- Then you will see a dashboard and the following options.
- Location: When you will click on it, it will show the location of your Android Device on the Google Map, along with battery level, Information if your phone is connected with internet or not and where it was last located.
- Play Sound: This feature gives you the option to choose to ring your device from the app by clicking on Play Sound option. This will make your device to ring for 5 minutes at the highest volume, even if it is on silent or vibrate mode. This will help you locate your phone if it is nearby.
- Lock: With the lock feature of Find My Device App you can lock your android device so that no one can access the data on your device.
To do this:
- Click on “Lock” and then type a new password and confirm it by retyping the same.
- Add a contact no so that later he may open the device once it is found.
- Click on “Lock”. After this, your device will be locked automatically even if it is being used.
- Erase Device:
If you want to erase all the data of your device then you can do this by this option. This option will erase all your data including apps, photos, music and setting from your device and your device will be saved in factory restore mode. If your android device is not connected to the internet then whenever it will have access the internet, the device will be restored to factory settings. But keep in mind that after this action, you will not be able to access your lost android device through the Find My Device App. Moreover, it also does not wipe off the data of external memory card.
Final Words about Find My Device App:
So this is all about Find My Device App offered by Google. This is one of the best device locator app available in the Market. Download it and leave the safety of your device on the App and Believe us It won’t disappoint you.