Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. You just need to register using simple personal details then you can access its services free of cost. The service can be annoying if you receive unnecessary emails. Sometimes it happens that you receive back to back emails from a single address. These are called spam. Although Gmail provides you with an in-house filter to escape from them it is not always functional. So if you want to block someone on Gmail then you must go through the article.
Block Someone on Gmail
Blocking someone on Gmail is a very simple process. You do not need any sort of technical knowledge for this process. With slight differences, you can use these steps to know how to block emails on Gmail on iPhone. You can follow these steps:
- First, visit the official site of Gmail. You will have to log in using your email ID and password. Make sure you use the valid username otherwise you won’t be able to log in successfully.
- Once you press the enter button you will be able to see a progress bar on the screen. It will move towards the right. In case the internet connection is slow you can try the basic HTML version.
- You will be able to see the inbox screen of your account. If you see a spam email in your inbox then just tap on the mail. In case you are unable to see the email that means it is in the spam box. Now, check the left navigation bar to open the mail from the spam section. Alternatively, you can even find the mail using the search field.
- Now, open the mail. Tap on the down arrow that appears towards the right of the sender’s name.
- You will be able to see a menu with multiple options. Tap on the Block option.
- Gmail would again confirm that whether you are sure to block sender for Gmail. If you are sure then tap on the blue button that has block written over it.
- Now, you know how to block someone on Gmail.
Block Someone on Gmail Email Hangout
If you have already accepted someone’s request on Hangout then Gmail settings will not block them completely. Check these steps to know more:
- First, visit the official website of Gmail i.e. gmail.com.
- Use the suitable credentials to log in successfully to your account.
- Move to the bottom section of the left bar. Just below your name, you will be able to see all the Hangouts contacts.
- Tap on the one you wish to block. The regular Hangouts chat box will open.
- On the box tap on the gear-like button that appears to the right. Just check the button below the close button.
- From the set of options that appear you must select the “Block” option. After this, press the ok button.
- Read the guidelines that appear on the hangouts screen and press the block button.
Also, check: Popcornflix
How to Unblock Someone on Gmail
You know how to block emails on Gmail app then you must also know about Gmail unblock sender. You must follow these steps for the same:
- First, you must log in to your account.
- Now, tap on the gear-like button then select the settings option.
- From the top section select the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” option.
- The list of all the blocked contacts will appear on the screen. Just choose and unblock the ones you want.