Every system offers a simple process for turning on the wireless capability. But sometimes these processes do not work. Wireless has become the need of today. For office or home, people use the wireless network. In case it is turned off and you are looking for a solution. Check how to turn on Wireless Capability on Windows 10. These steps are going to solve the issues you face while using wireless.
How to Turn On Wireless Capability on Windows 10
Let us first understand the advantages of using a Wireless network:
- Mobility: This is one of the first reasons for choosing the wireless network. There is no wired connection. Thus, you can move anywhere while your device is connected to the network. Although, there is a specific range of them. But the range is huge.
- Scalable: Earlier to add a new network it required a rerouting of cabling. It was a costly process. In the wireless network, you won’t face these issues. It offers a relatively convenient way. Issue a password and make changes to the server.
- Productivity: It gives the employees freedom of operation. Thus increasing the speed of the working process. Employees can take their systems home and work according to their convenience.
- Cost-Effective: In case of wired networks, cost increases with increase in the size of the network. Not only the cables but the cost of labor for installation is also high. The wireless network is available at a much cheaper cost.
Wireless Capability is turned Off Windows 10
- First, try to use the keys on the keyboard to turn on Wi-Fi. Every system has a different key for doing the same. You can check the Wi-Fi sign on the key.
- If the keys do not work, check the adapter.
- Click on the Windows start menu.
- Tap the settings option from the start menu.
- Double-tap on “Network and Internet” that appears as a blue colored sphere.
- By default, the Wi-Fi tab will be open. In case it is not open, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Now, open the network connections page by tapping on “Change adapter options”.
- Right-click on the adapter and click on “Enable”.
- Check the wireless capability. Tap on the wireless icon in the bottom-right corner. It would display that the Wi-Fi is on.
Also, check: How to Change IP Address on Mac
Wireless Capability is Turned Off not Fixed
If the wireless still doesn’t work, try re-installing the driver.
- Press the “Windows + R” keys.
- Now the window that opens type “devmgmt.msc”. After you click on ok the device manager would open.
- From the list, expand “Network Adapters”. Now, a list of all the network adapters will open. Look for your wireless adapter in the list.
- Right-click on the adapter and open its properties.
- Open the “Driver” tab. Driver’s version, date, provider, and other details will appear.
- Click on the uninstall button. If prompted, confirm the deletion of the driver.
- For re-installation, you need to connect the system to the router via Ethernet.
- Restart the Laptop or PC.
- Once you log in the Windows will prompt you to re-install the driver. Let the window find and install the driver. Now, you can use the keys to turn on wireless capability Windows 10.