Are you facing critical errors in Windows 10? Are Start menu and Cortana not working? It means that the critical parts are not functioning. Start menu is one of the most important parts of your operating system. By using this app you can locate the installed programs on your device. Learn how to fix Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. These ways are going to fix critical error windows 10 start menu.
How to Fix Start Menu and Cortana aren’t Working
Sometimes anti-virus programs create a conflict between Windows programs. This results in issues like the critical error.
- First, open the control panel on your device.
- Tap on the “Programs” option.
- Now, click on “Uninstall a program” option. This option would appear under the “Programs and Features” section.
- Double-click on the anti-virus to start uninstalling the application. Now, you won’t face this error.
See More: Manga Rock Apk
Start Menu and Cortana Not Working
- Press the “CTRL”, “ALT”, and “DELETE” button together. This would open the task manager.
- Once the task manager opens, tap on “File” menu.
- Select the “Run new task” option.
- In the text field type “Powershell” and click on ok.
- Now, from the taskbar right-click on the Powershell. Select the run as administrator option for Powershell. If this doesn’t work, re-open the task manager. This time you need to open the application in fewer view mode.
- The list of running apps will open. Now, right-click on the “Windows Powershell”. Tap on the “Open file location” option. Run the Powershell as administrator.
- Now copy and paste the following command.
- Hit “Enter” and wait for the process to complete.
- Now, to check if the issue is resolved reboot your PC.
Start Menu and Cortana not Working Windows 10
- Once the critical error message appears, tap on “logout”.
- Tap on the power button and select the “restart” option. When you click on this option, hold down the shift key.
- Keep pressing the key until the system shuts down. The system would then restart again.
- Once the windows menu appears, press the last option. This would return to the previous version of Windows.
Critical Error Start Menu
Another method for fixing the critical error start menu using the anti-virus is given below:
- Open the My Computer folder on your PC.
- Now, open the “C” drive folder.
- Scroll down and look for “Program Files”. Click to open the folder
- In the program files folder, you will find the “Avast” folder.
- Run the Avast UI on your system.
- Click on the update option that appears in the settings section.
- The system would start updating the software.
- Now, restart your system. The system would no longer show critical error.
Also, check: How to Compress Pictures
Windows 10 Start Menu not Working
Want to know how to fix Start menu and Cortana aren’t working? Here, the command prompt is used for solving the issue.
- First, right-click on the start button. A pop-up with different menu options will open.
- Tap on the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option. This option would appear just below the “Command Prompt”.
- Now, you need to type a command to fix the error. You can check the command below.
- After typing the command press the enter key.
- Restart the PC/laptop. Now, check whether the issue is fixed or not.