Are you looking for a way to compress pictures? Do you want a method that doesn’t affect the quality of picture? Pictures take up a lot of space on disk. Free up some space by compressing them. You can change the dimensions of the picture to reduce its size. Learn how to compress pictures in different ways. You can reduce image size in kb to save a lot of space.
How to Compress Pictures
Microsoft Pictures Manager can be used to compress pictures:
- Open the picture you want to compress. Go to File->Make a copy. This would create a copy of the picture. Now, you can close the original image window.
- Now, open the picture with Microsoft Pictures Manager.
- Click on edit option, editing sidebar would open on the right side.
- Tap on “Compress Picture” option.
- Under the “Compress For” section, select an option. The options are documents, web pages, and e-mail messages. For example- If you want to send an image on e-mail, select the e-mail option. The compression will be performed accordingly.
- Click on ok to compress the picture.
- Now, save the changes.
Compress JPEG to 50KB
Reduce the picture size to as small as 50KB by using these steps:
- Visit the official site of jpeg optimizer to reduce image size in kb.
- Click on the “Choose File” button.
- Add a compression level in the “Compress Image” box. The compression level can be set from 0 to 99.
- Set a width for the picture. This would resize the picture.
- Tap on “Optimize Photo” button to start compressing the picture. If you want then compress jpeg to 100kb.
See More: How to Change IP Address on Mac
Compressing Pictures in Word
Use the Microsoft Word’s inbuilt feature to compress pictures:
- Open the image with Microsoft Word.
- Tap on Picture tools and select “Compress Pictures”.
- You will have to check “Apply to Selected Pictures Only” box.
- Now, tap the “Options” button.
- Check the two boxes. These are for “Automatically perform basic compression on save” and “delete cropped areas of pictures”.
- Select a target output from screen, print, and e-mail.
- Press ok to confirm compression.
- First, open the picture with preview application. Tap on tools and select “Adjust Size”.
- Once the image dimensions dialog box opens set the width of the picture. The preview app automatically sets the height of the picture.
- Click ok and the size of the picture would reduce.
- Use the “Save As” option to save the picture.
If you want to know How to Compress Pictures in Mac, go through these steps:
- First, open the iPhoto app on Mac device. Your Mac device must have this image compression software to use this feature.
- Open the picture.
- On the top left corner, you will find the File menu. In the file menu, you need to select the “Export” option.
- Open the “File Export” tab.
- Now, select a type for the picture you want to compress.
- Select a quality for the picture. You can select the quality from the drop-down menu.
- Now, set a size for the picture. There three picture size available. The sizes are small, medium, and full.
- Export and save the picture to a new location.